Friday, July 27, 2012

Welcome! And a quick back workout...

First off, welcome to my blog! After reading so many blogs on cooking, eating right, crafting, DIY, and fitness, I decided to combine all the things that I am passionate about in one place and thus, Cooking, Crafts and Fitness was born! I hope you enjoy they tips, recipes, etc. that I post here. Please comment as often as possible!

The Chester house is getting back in order after a week long visit from Grandma. That means lots of laundry and catching up on housework that was put aside for the past week! We really enjoyed having Derek's mom here for a whole week. The kids got lots of good snuggles and it was great to spend time together.  Of course we had to make her all of our favorite recipes and take her to some of our favorite places to eat!



(Yeaaaaaah, gonna need to work that off!)

After doing about 6 loads of laundry yesterday and LOTS of housework, I decided I was in need of a good workout today! And lucky for me, it was my Zumba day! I just love starting my Friday off with some latin and hip-hop dance. It puts me in SUCH a great mood! If you haven't tried Zumba, I highly recommend it. There is nothing better than looking at this class of people and seeing that, despite how they may look (because let's face it, some of us look downright silly), they are all having a wonderful time. SO inspiring! Not to mention the calories burned...I'm always amazed at how much I burn in one class!

Since I got to the gym a little early, I decided to squeeze in a quick back workout.  Here is what I did today (3 sets of 10 reps for each):

Close grip front lat pulldown
Upright seated row
Lying T-bar row
Hyperextensions (Back extensions)

I've realized recently that, while I do a lot of ab work, I often forget to counter that with back exercises. This is really important as the abs have a connected relationship with the lower back. So a strong lower back helps add to strong abs! And we all love strong abs, right???

We are all looking forward to watching the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics tonight! Zach is especially excited to stay up late and watch.

What events are you most excited about watching in the 2012 games?

4 comments:

  1. Excited to have a new blog by a friend! I love blogs.

    -Beth P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start!! and good for you!! I look forward to learning more about my cousins through your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Laura! I'll add you to my blog reader so I can keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Laura! I love blogging, but I love reading other people's blogs even more! I will add you to my blog roll. You may already have read my blog, but if not, the address is mamahollyjo.blogspot.com. I will be back soon to see what is going on here on your blog!

    ReplyDelete