Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Goodies

On Sunday, our church had its annual Market for Mission. It's a great event where handmade items, jewelry, and baked goods are sold to benefit our church's missions.
Each year Zach's Sunday school class sells baked goods. Since it was a crazy busy weekend for us, I decided the easiest thing to do would be to whip up some rice krispy treats. But no ordinary rice krispy treats would do! These needed to have holiday flair!
I decided to make White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispy Treats. Uh-huh. I had seen a pin on Pintrest that inspired these goodies.
And they were super easy! I made rice krispy treats as normal. With the marshmallows, I added 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract. Once the marshmallows were melted, I added the Rice Krispies as well as some Ghirardelli white chocolate chips and crushed up candy canes. Then I formed the treats as normal.
They were delish! In fact, Zach has insisted every day since that we make another batch. And I'm thinking that won't be the last batch we make this holiday season!

What's your favorite Christmas goody?

White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispy Treats:

4 tbls butter
6 cups marshmallows
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup white chocolate chips
Approx. 3 candy canes crushed

1. Melt butter in a large pot (I use my big soup pot).
2. Add the marshmallows and the peppermint extract and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted.
3. Add the Rice Krispies, chocolate chips, and candy canes and mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 pan and, with greased hands, press the mixture into the pan.
5. Allow to cool and cut into squares






No comments:

Post a Comment